Dr Douglas McManamny
Dr Douglas McManamny graduated from Monash University Medical School in 1972, and completed his internship at Prince Henry’s Hospital in Melbourne. He was awarded a Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) in 1981, following post graduate training both in Melbourne and Winchester, England.
As a Consultant Plastic Surgeon Douglas McManamny spent several years working in busy Melbourne hospitals on a wide range of plastic and, also, reconstructive surgery procedures. A second trip to England in 1985-6 also enabled him to pursue an interest in cleft lip and palate surgery at Frenchay, near Bristol.
Ten years as a consultant plastic surgeon at the Royal Children’s Hospital followed, when Dr McManamny performed hundreds of operations to improve the lives of babies born with cleft lip or palate deformity. During this time he also developed his private practice, responding to the increasing interest in cosmetic surgery in the community. Further study followed, in the United States, to gain experience in this developing field.
Since leaving the Children’s Hospital in 1996, Dr McManamny has concentrated on cosmetic procedures as Medical Director of the Aesthetic Surgery and Laser Centre. Cosmetic surgery is a natural extension of plastic surgery, as the discipline and skill required to perform microsurgery require a focus that is also necessary to achieve the best possible aesthetic results.
Dr McManamny’s practice is now located in East Hawthorn, where he continues to offer exceptional cosmetic plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic Surgeon Qualifications
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) 1972
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) 1981
- Medical Board of Australia
- 1967-72: Monash University Melbourne
- 1973-74: Resident Medical Officer – Prince Henry’s Hospital
- 1975-76: Family Medicine Program, Melbourne
- 1976-77: Senior Surgical Resident Officer – Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Winchester, England
- 1978-80: General Surgery Registrar – Prince Henry’s Hospital
- 1979-84: Surgical Registrar at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Prince Henry’s Hospital, Preston & Northcote Community Hospital, Footscray Community Hospital
- 1985-86: Plastic Surgery Registrar Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, England
- Cosmetic plastic surgery of the breast, face and body
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Australasian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
Private Hospital Visiting Rights
- Masada Private Hospital
- Epworth Private Hospital, Hawthorn
- Vimy Private Hospital, Kew